HOMEMADE THAI PANANG CURRY RECIPE WITH CHICKEN
Thai Chicken Panang Curry may be a made curry with a fancy flavor. you'll ought to be beneath half-hour to make this bright and heat Thai Panang Curry.
Calling All Curry lovers! If the Thai curry is your favorite curry, you'll end up fond this curry Panang less spicy soft. The thickness of Panang curry and completely different sturdy flavors is extremely addictive .
|HOMEMADE THAI PANANG CURRY RECIPE WITH CHICKEN|
Lush spices-galangal, lemongrass, contemporary lime leaves manufacture a powerful Aromatika and coconut milk that creates it made and Creamy. Curry Panang has kooky in it, either in crushed kind or paste is additional. and also the curry itself may be a very little sweeter than a standard Thai red curry. Peanut is a further ingredient additional to Panang curry, that you will not notice in Thai Red Curry. Curry Panang ought to be and far lighter and far thicker than Thai red curry.
In addition, you'll not notice abundant distinction between Thai Curry and Panang Curry. Infact most, the chicken curry Panang can't be distinguished from Red Curry. that is right! apart from the beans and fewer spicy and sweeter I can't create abundant distinction within the Panang Curry.
It's nearly an equivalent as Thai chicken curry, however it solely packs a richer flavor and is actually delicious! it's a thick Thai curry with sweet, salty and spicy peanut flavor.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thigh boneless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell peppers chopped
- 1 red bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 inch galangal roughly sliced
- 1 inch lemongrass roughly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small jar Thai Panang curry paste measured to about 4 ½ tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder optional
- Salt to taste if required
- 2 teaspoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 6-8 kaffir lime leave crushed
- 2 cups coconut milk thick
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- Heat skillet or deep bottom pan. Add coconut oil and wait until oil melts.
- Sauté finely chopped onions in hot coconut oil until onion is translucent.
- Add roughly chopped galangal, lemon grass.
- Add minced garlic, red and green bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes constantly stirring.
- Push veggies to one side of the pan. Add washed and cleaned chicken things. Cook until chicken browns a bit and changes colour.
- Mix chicken and veggies together. Continue cooking it for a minute more.
- Again gather chicken veggie mix to one side of the pan. Scoop out Thai Panang curry paste ( or Thai red curry paste) to empty side of pan. Stir the paste and fry it in oil. Wait until oil separates from the paste.
- Pro-Tip : Do not skip frying curry paste in oil. Flavors cone out and curry turns delicious with this step.
- Stir in unsweetened peanut butter, fish sauce and palm sugar. Nutmeg powder to be added now if using.
- Take Kaffir lime leaves on your palm and crush it. Add crushed kaffir lime leaves to the pan.
- Note - If you can’t get palm sugar , substitute with brown sugar or jaggery. Crushing kaffir lime leaves helps release its wonderful aromatic oil, making Panang curry flavorsome.
- Cook stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
- Simmer flame. Pour in thick coconut milk. Give it a good stir.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add few Thai basil leaves. Stir.
- Turn off flame. Thai Chicken Panang Curry is ready.
- It’s great when served with steamed jasmine rice.
- You can also serve Thai Panang curry with rice noodles.