TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE
This taco casserole formula is loaded with all of your Mexican favourites and flat-top with Doritos, Fritos, or flannel cake chips! it is simple to assemble days before time and bake later for a simple dinner!
I've been on a casserole kick of late, particularly those you'll create before time. It's superb what proportion easier your life becomes once you do the meal preparation a touch before time.
|TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE|
The fact that you just will assemble this up to two days before time is extremely helpful. and therefore the ingredients ar terribly simple to customise. Let's begin that section 1st.
Fried beans, Sour Cream, ground seasoned meat + onions, cheese, Black Olives, tomatoes, firm toppings. flannel cake chips, Doritos, and/or Fritos.
- 1 lb. ground beef I use 80% lean
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 oz. taco seasoning equivalent to 2 Tablespoons
- 16 oz. refried beans
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- 1/3 cup tomatoes diced
- ¾ cup crunchy toppings such as tortilla chips Doritos, and/or Fritos
- 1/3 cup lettuce shredded
- Green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef and diced onions to a large pan and cook and crumble over medium heat until the meat is cooked through.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add ¾ cup water and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spread the refried beans in an even layer within a casserole dish. (Mine was 13.25"x9" but varying sizes are fine.)
- Spread the sour cream over the refried beans.
- Top with cooked ground beef mixture, then with cheese.
- If you’re preparing this head of time, let it cool and cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- If baking right away: Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and melted.
- If baking after the casserole has been refrigerated: Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Add the toppings:
- Top the casserole with black olives, tomatoes, and crunchy toppings. (Add additional cheese if you like as well.)
- Bake uncovered for 8 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and/or shredded lettuce and serve!