LEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE
Lemon chicken and asparagus? Bright, fresh, healthy, and prepared at your table in twenty minutes. the simplest meal of all time, here, now.
It's no secret that i favor the formula for terribly straightforward approval and approval and one among my favorite things is creating recipes that do not need a colossal trip to the foodstuff.
|LEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE|
So this formula technically has quite five ingredients, however the sole issue you wish to concentrate to is lemon, asparagus, and lemon pepper seasoning as a result of i assume you would possibly have already got chicken, butter, flour, and salt, you are a complete room person, You.
It's very lovely and extremely straightforward. cowl the chicken, stir-fry everything till it's good, serve. i'm serious that every one. place alittle piece of whole wheat bread, rice or quinoa on the plate and dig the drink into a recent, bright, and healthy dinner.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1–2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey + 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- parsley for topping (optional)
- Chicken: Cover the chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound until each pieces is about a 3/4 of an inch thick. (NOTE: If your chicken breasts are really thick,you can just cut them in half horizontally to make thinner pieces rather than pounding. Works like a charm.) Place the flour and salt and pepper in a shallow dish and gently toss each chicken breast in the dish to coat. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add the chicken and saute for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown, sprinkling each side with the lemon pepper directly in the pan. When the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Asparagus and Lemons: Add the chopped asparagus to the pan. Saute for a few minutes until bright green and tender crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside. Lay the lemon slices flat on the bottom of the pan and cook for a few minutes on each side without stirring so that they caramelize and pick up the browned bits left in the pan from the chicken and butter. (NOTE: adding a tiny pat of butter in with the lemons also helps prevent sticking and promote browning.) Remove the lemons from the pan and set aside.
- Assembly: Layer all the ingredients back into the skillet – asparagus, chicken, and lemon slices on top.