HOMEMADE SHRIMP WONTON SOUP
The cozy and delicious formula for Wonton prawn soup isn't solely simple, however healthy and filling with solely a hundred and ten calories for an oversized portion!
In specific, area unit you hungry for a healthy and amusive soup that's packed with flavor and steamy-hot homespun prawn wontons? Yes? American state too.
|HOMEMADE SHRIMP WONTON SOUP|
This is one formula that's simply plain sensible. It fills you and causes you to feel full, however not too burdened as a result of it's created with a base broth, full of freshly roast vegetables absolutely, and filling lean prawns. One bite to the tender Wonton by sipping alittle broth and believe American state, you'll be in an exceedingly bright-up nutrient paradise! cite the proper combination of health and delicacy – this can be my reasonably food.
These recipes ought to be served straightaway or among half-hour of cookery wontons in broth as an alternative they'll absorb an excessive amount of fluid if left to soak! Eaters beware!
- ¼ lb jumbo cooked shrimp, separated
- ⅛ cup water chestnuts, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- pinch of white pepper
- 18 wonton skins
- 48 oz( 1½ quart) low sodium chicken broth
- 1½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Roughly chop the cooked shrimp reserving four of them for garnishing.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, chopped green onion, and a pinch of white pepper.
- Lay out several wonton skins and place a teaspoon or so of the shrimp mixture in the center. Dip the tip of your finger in a bit of water and dampen the edge of half the wonton. Fold the wonton skin over to cover the filling and use a fork to press down the edges. Repeat till the filling is all used up. (I got 18 wontons).
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and soy sauce to a low boil. Add in the wontons, snow peas, and shredded carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the wontons are done and the veggies are cooked, but still crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately garnishing with the reserved shrimp, red pepper flakes, and chopped green onion!