HEALTHY ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE
Skip take it and create this healthy Orange Chicken direction for dinner! straightforward, delicious Paleo dinner, protein free, filled with flavor and done beneath one hour! created with simply some ingredients, it's delicious and simple to make!
Made with borderline material, jam-packed with flavor, and simple to make-this dish is one I perpetually turned!
|HEALTHY ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE|
Orange Chicken is one amongst my favorite things to order once we get takeout. however as i am positive most of you recognize... Chinese food is unquestionably not a healthy dinner choice. however this gentle orange chicken direction direction is one wherever all the healthy substitutions be converted into one thing super delicious!
This is one amongst those recipes that once I was creating me somewhat skeptical... is that the sense true? can the sauce be pretty thick or can I simply be uptake chicken coated during a strange fruit juice mixture??
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups steamed broccoli or green beans
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cleaned + cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. In a large frying pan, cook the cubed chicken in the toasted sesame oil until the edges are brown and slightly crispy (Approx 5-10 minutes)
- As the chicken is cooking, stir together the sauce mixture in a separate bowl
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove it from the pan and place it off to the side in a separate bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the same pan you cooked the chicken in.
- Bring the sauce mixture to a boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring every minute or so until it starts to thicken. (You will know it has thickened when you scrape the pan and it pulls away from the pan)
- When the sauce thickens, add the cooked chicken back in + stir to coat the chicken
- Serve over steamed broccoli or green beans for a paleo option, or rice/quinoa.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds + enjoy!
- If substituting ground ginger for fresh ginger, cut the amount in 1/4 to 1/4 tablespoon.
Instant Pot Instructions
- IMPORTANT: If making this recipe in the instant pot you will need 3 teaspoons of cornstarch or arrowroot powder. You also must use 1/2 the amount of ingredients in the sauce recipe, except for chicken stock. Ex: Orange Juice: 2 cups = 1 cup
- Mix together 1/2 the amount called for in the recipe for the orange juice, coconut aminos, honey, garlic powder, ginger, orange zest and pepper. Set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté on the highest heat setting. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and allow it to heat up. The Instant Pot will display the word “hot” when it’s ready.
- Trim the chicken breasts and dry them off with paper towels. When the Instant Pot is hot place the chicken breasts in the oil. You’ll need to do 2 at a time so you do not crowd the pot. Sear them on each side for 2 minutes then flip just to get a golden color. You’re not trying to cook them through.
- Pull them out and set them on a cutting board. Dice them into 1 inch pieces.
- Put the diced chicken back into the Instant Pot and pour the sauce mixture over. Close the lid and put the vent to sealing. Set it to Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes. Note that pot will take 3-5 minutes to come to pressure before the display starts counting down the 3 minutes you’ve set. When it’s finished quick release the steam by setting the valve to venting. Be sure to use a towel or pot holder to do this so you don’t get burned.
- When the Instant Pot releases all the steam the button will lower down and you’ll be able to safely open the lid.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a plate. Mix together the chicken broth and corn starch. Turn the Instant Pot back to sauté choosing the highest heat setting again. Your sauce should begin to bubble. Stream in the corn starch slurry and whisk. Allow the mixture to boil for 7-9 minutes until it’s nice and thick. Return the chicken to the sauce and select the “Keep Warm” setting on the Instant Pot. Serve over steamed broccoli or green beans for a paleo option, or rice/quinoa.