BANANA CRUMB COFFEE CAKE RECIPE
Looking for delicious make-Ahead sweets? Banana Crumb occasional Cake is ideal for Brunch, repast, or perhaps as a pampering breakfast!
If you get loads of bananas as we have a tendency to do, you may positively conjointly find yourself with some ripe ones close to the tip of their premieres that you simply need to use. there's solely such a lot Chocolate chip quick bread that may create.
|BANANA CRUMB COFFEE CAKE RECIPE|
I accustomed assume that occasional cake is really occasional in it. Nope. occasional cakes ar named per se as a result of they're sometimes enjoyed with a cup of occasional. That said, i believe it'd be superb to form coffee occasional cakes! however, that is for an additional time.
Now, let's speak bananas. If you have got some ripe bananas you wish to use, this banana Crumb occasional Cake may be a delicious thanks to do it!
You can create this delicious formula the day before and either save at temperature or within the refrigerator.
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 – 1 cup all purpose flour (start with 3/4 cup, and gradually add more if needed)
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (you can also use 1%, 2%, whole milk, or even buttermilk)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with butter or cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use your hands or two forks to crumble together the cold butter cubes, flour, sugars, and cinnamon until the mixture resembles a crumbly topping. Set aside the crumb mixture.
- crumb mix for coffee cake
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix softened butter on medium until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and mix for another minute, until well incorporated. Then add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and mix just until ingredients are incorporated (do not overmix!)
- banana crumb coffee cake batter
- Turn the mixer down to low, and alternate mixing in milk and flour until all ingredients are combined.
- cake mixture in Kitchenaid
- Pour half of the cake mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/3 – 1/4 of the crumb mixture. Then pour the remaining cake mixture on top of that layer and finally, top evenly with the remaining crumb topping.
- Banana Crumb Coffee Cake ready for oven
- Bake at 350º for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the optional glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add more milk as needed until you get the glaze consistency you prefer. Set aside.
- Cool at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before drizzling the glaze over the top, slicing, and serving.