THE BEST APPLE CRISP SHORTBREAD BARS RECIPE
With this point of year came fun times visiting apple orchards and Apple mounds everywhere my room.
One of my favorite recipes combines shortbread cookie and apples... however will it's wrong?
|THE BEST APPLE CRISP SHORTBREAD BARS RECIPE|
I know apples don't last long in our house... truly here is one in every of our favourite Fall afters recipes that use apples!
And it's become my favorite afters direction and it is easy to form it, and you are clearly progressing to ought to strive it yourself and sure you will not be thwarted.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter – melted or room temp to cut in.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Be sure to bring the parchment up the sides as it makes it easier to lift out later.
- Shortbread Base:
- Place butter into your mixer and turn on high for 5 minutes or until the butter turns white rather than yellow, that’s how you’ll know it’s creamed. Next mix in the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Once combined, add in the flour and stir well. Press the mixture into the parchment lined pan and bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until the apples are well coated.
- Mix flour, 3/4 up brown sugar. Cut in the butter and knead together.
- Remove the crust from the oven and turn the heat up to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle one half of the Topping over the short bread, then layer the apples on top. You will have multiple layers so try to keep it level. Once this is finished, sprinkle the remainder of the Topping evenly on top and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully before placing in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Once it’s set, remove from the baking dish by lifting out the parchment paper and cut into 16 squares.