STRAWBERRY BREAD RECIPE
Have a contemporary strawberry garden? do this fresh strawberry breadstuff with glaze liquified within the mouth of a strawberry. This bread direction comes along in barely ten minutes. If you like fruit bread.
Fresh fruit is tough to figure with as a result of it adds plenty of wetness to the bread. Finely diced Strawberry works superbly during this direction, though. we tend to use regarding a pair of cups of tiny strawberry fruit.
|STRAWBERRY BREAD RECIPE|
I typically say additional fruit, the better, therefore from time to time we've got additional regarding a pair of 1/2 cups of fruit. And everything works, however the bread is therefore dampish that it's nearly mussy with plenty of fruit. Is it very a problem? you opt. anyplace between 2-2 1/2 cups of fruit ought to work well.
Remember like all the buns quick for nothing quite a mix of dough. combine the wet ingredients well, then combine within the dried ingredients solely till they're combined. Then gently fold the strawberries.
For the Bread:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup finely diced strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries. Fold the floured strawberries gently into the batter.
- Pour the bread batter into a greased 9"x5" bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries and extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth.
- Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve.