SEAFOOD STUFFED POTATOES RECIPE
You should have some nice, healthy baking potatoes. they're not sold-out in five or £10 luggage. Most grocery stores have them keep one by one and sell them with pounds. If not, simply ensure you get the largest potatoes.
Clean the potatoes well. it's full-grown on the bottom, so that they are often terribly dirty. whether or not cookery in an exceedingly standard kitchen appliance or microwave, you continue to have to be compelled to poke a little hole into the potatoes for discharge. this may stop the explosion. this may facilitate the higher steam potatoes and cook additional equally.
|SEAFOOD STUFFED POTATOES RECIPE|
You can add the food you wish. I used shrimp and Crawfish. But, some crab meat lumps are superb too. I additional a touch liquid cooked crab to kick the seasoning!
The choice of cheese is ex gratia too. However, I powerfully urge you to do the mix initial. Hey, I'm associate knowledgeable here! J/K.... Kinda. And yes, i exploit American cheese. AND Yes, i do know it's truly not cheese. I additionally understand that no different original cheese melts quite like this issue. So, I use it.
- 4 baking size Russet potatoes
- 1 lb crawfish tails drained of fat
- 1 lb of raw shrimp
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 T flour
- 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded American cheese Velveeta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 T cajun seasoning
- 2 T liquid crab boil
- 2 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- chives or green onions
- Wash, scrub, and dry the potatoes well.
- Poke small holes all over the potatoes using a fork to vent.
- Now, you can either wrap them in foil and bake them on 400 F for 40-50 mins. Or you can wrap them individually in paper towels and microwave them one at a time using the “potato” setting on your microwave.
- When the potatoes are done, carefully cut a split down the middle of a potato. Do NOT cut through the other (or under) side of the potato’s skin.
- Scoop the insides of the potatoes out and place it into a bowl; reserve the potato skins and keep them intact.
- Add in the cream cheese, chives, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
Seafood & Sauce:
- Add the shrimp and crawfish into a bowl
- Season the shrimp with 1 TBS of Cajun seasoning, 1 TBS onion powder and 1 TBS liquid crab boil.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 TBS of butter and add in the garlic
- Sauté the garlic for 30 secs.
- Add in the shrimp and crawfish and sauté until the shrimp are cooked; about 4-5 mins.
- Remove and set aside
- Pour the liquid left in the pot into a cup and reserve
- In the same pot, melt the remaining butter.
- When the butter melts, whisk in the flour
- Mix until the flour is no longer visible; about 1 min
- Pour in the reserved seafood liquid
- Pour in the half and half while whisking.
- Bring it to a low simmer
- Stir in 1 TBS of Cajun seasoning and 1 TBS of onion powder
- When the sauce starts to thicken, stir in all remaining cheeses.
- When the cheese melts, add in the seafood and stir.
- Once the seafood is hot turn off the heat.
- Spoon the potato mixture evenly onto the reserved potato skins
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on each potato
- Ladle the seafood sauce over the potatoes
- Garnish with chives or green onions