HORCHATA MEXICAN DRINK RECIPE
This Horchata Mexican drink direction could be a slightly Creamy, non-alcoholic flavor of true toad Fresca that is created with cinnamon and rice and is extremely refreshing.
In several legitimate taqueria you will see an outsized glass jug or jars holding a gallon of vibrant flavors of true toad Fresca.
|HORCHATA MEXICAN DRINK RECIPE|
If you've got ne'er detected of true toad Frescas before, it virtually interprets to "fresh water" and their Haus-quenching, a light non-alcoholic drink principally created with sugary water with a small amount of sugar and seasoned with something of fruit, nuts, for flowers, for rice.
While you will be tempted to interchange the cinnamon sticks with cinnamon soil during this Mexican tea drink, not solely square measure the cinnamon sticks additional ancient however the cinnamon powder doesn't mix in with a decent drink. This tends to float to the surface, making a cinnamon coating that won't a delight because it is additional delicate, infused with the flavour of the cinnamon stems that land into the water and soaked nightlong.
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked white long-grain rice
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, and 2 cups of the water in a blender. Blend until the rice and cinnamon sticks are roughly ground up (1 to 2 minutes). Add the 2 remaining cups of water and blend again.
- Let the rice mixture soak at room temperature at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Once the rice mixture has soaked for at least 8 hours, pour through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard the rice and cinnamon stick solids and rinse the strainer well. Strain the mixture again one more time, just to make sure the horchata isn't gritty.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar, then chill ready to serve. Serve over plenty of ice with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top.