EASY CANNOLI CAKE RECIPE
I have to call this cannoli cake formula "Easy Cannoli cake " as a result of that is what it is! No baking is concerned as a result of victimization the store-buy pounds of cakes and there area unit solely six ingredients!
My mother created a cake just like this one many times throughout my childhood. I asked her wherever she got a formula from however, sadly, it had been gone to time! The version uses one tiny pre-Made cake, that is sliced into 3 horizontal layers. The cannoli cream is bedded in between, and so the full factor is coated Ganache. I actually have fond reminiscences of that cake! however, after I attempt to recreate it currently, i am having hassle with layers slippery everywhere the place and it is a bit untidy.
|EASY CANNOLI CAKE RECIPE|
So, associateswer|the solution} is to easily assemble the pie within an eight x eight in. pot. No worries regarding the cake holding along. Besides being terribly straightforward to assemble, this cake goes all right, all you wish is to feature a canopy or some wrap to the highest of the plate. thus this can be the right sweet to require to the night meal and Potlucks!
There area unit solely six ingredients: the shop buys frozen pound cakes, cheese cheese (I prefer to use the full cheese milk), mini Chocolate Chips, significant cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla.
- 1 16 oz. “family size” store bought frozen pound cake (see notes)
- 1 15 oz. container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 12 oz. bag mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- If your cake isn’t frozen, place in the freezer.
- Place 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 90 seconds. Add 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips. Let sit for two minutes and then stir until the chocolate is all melted and the mixture is smooth. If the chocolate isn’t melting all the way after stirring, microwave the mixture in 15 second increments until smooth, stirring in between. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined and smooth. Add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender or hand beaters, beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. (If you are using an immersion blender, place the cream in a tall-sided container.) Add half of the whipped cream to the ricotta mixture and gently fold in. Then fold in the remaining whipped cream. Set cannoli filling aside.
- Cut the frozen pound cake into 1/4 inch slices using a serrated knife. Layer some of the cake pieces into an 8 x 8 inch pan so the bottom is completely covered in one layer of cake. Depending on the size and shape of the cake pieces, you may need to trim some of the pieces to fit. It’s ok if the pieces overlap slightly. If they do, give them a gently press down into the pan.
- Add half of the cannoli filling on top of the bottom cake layer and spread it so the filling is even. Add another layer of cake to the top. If you see gaps between the filling and top layer of cake, gently press the cake pieces down so the cake adheres to the filling underneath. (If you are using an opaque baking pan and can’t see the layers on the side, gently press the corners down just in case!)
- Repeat this process by adding the remaining filling and one more layer of cake on top.
- Retrieve the ganache from the fridge and stir until smooth. Pour all of the ganache over the top and smooth out with a spoon if necessary. Top with as many of the remaining mini chocolate chips as you like. Place in the fridge for a minimum of three hours. Cover the cake after it has been in the fridge for 15 minutes; this allows the ganache to firm up so the cover will be less likely to stick.