CINNAMON APPLE CAKE RECIPE
An easy tasty Apple Cinnamon cake made of scratch. The soft and flossy Apple Cake is jam-choked with recent apples and comes with crisp cinnamon toppings and drizzle from the sweet icing.
Can we tend to take an instant to speak concerning the matches created in apples and cinnamon heaven? This another tender Apple Cake Cinnamon is my new favorite.
|CINNAMON APPLE CAKE RECIPE|
It's soft, it's sweet and it's packed with recent, juicy apples. The finishing touches square measure sweet cinnamon sprinkles and Sweet milk glaze.
Can I simply say that I ne'er thought associate Apple Cinnamon Cake might feel thus smart. I baked quite few cakes to induce this formula right and after I finally landed on a winning formula, i used to be very happy.
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 cup (approximately 1 large) red apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Greek yogurt
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease and line a 8 or 9 inch round cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, oil and yoghurt. Whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined – but be careful not to over mix. Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- To make cinnamon topping, combine cinnamon, sugar and butter. Mix together until lumpy and wet. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake cake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of milk. Drizzle glaze all over the cake.