CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN RECIPE
Cilantro Lime chicken is straightforward to form and packed with flavor! whereas Cilantro lime chicken will stand alone.
I've enclosed the formula that accompanies the lime leaves for the rice base and also the delicious avocado condiment mango. This transforms the Cilantro Chicken lime into a delicious and healthy food that's absolute to be a success.
|CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN RECIPE|
Seasoning for Cilantro lime chicken is everything that smart ought to be straightforward seasoning to whip along, have such a lot flavor, and don't contain crazy ingredients. This Cilantro lime chicken conjointly pairs o.k. with my mango condiment that I continually build as a aspect after I make this dish. i'd advocate giving a shot!
Cooking time can vary counting on many factors thus I continually advocate employing a measuring system to check your chicken as a cook. Aims to hit specifically a hundred sixty five degrees physicist. Less mature will be unsafe, too mature is additionally not smart as a result of the chicken becomes dry.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (can also use thighs)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice, separated
- 1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon olive oil, separated
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, separated
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons lime zest, separated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon cumin, separated
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, separated
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno, optional
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Optional: cilantro-lime rice or quinoa
- MARINADE: Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients: 3/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, honey, 1 teaspoon cumin, soy sauce, garlic, and 1/4 cup cilantro in a medium-sized bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper). Remove about 1/2 cup of marinade, and pour the rest into a large resealable bag.
- Trim the chicken of fat. Pound the breasts to even thickness or slice in half to get evenly sized breasts and place in the bag with the rest of the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes making sure to flip the bag halfway through the time it is in the fridge. I recommend marinating for 2-8 hours.
- COOK CHICKEN: The instructions below are to grill the chicken. To see other methods of cooking chicken, read right above this recipe card. Lightly oil the grill grate or grill ridges on a grill pan or add 1 tablespoon oil to a skillet and then place the marinated chicken on the grill. Discard leftover marinade.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and internal temperature is at 165 degrees F. Flip the chicken halfway and brush it generously with the reserved 1/2 cup marinade.
- MANGO SALSA: Take the remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice, remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining lime zest, and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and toss together.
- (OPTIONAL: When grilling the chicken, also grill the mango. Brush with oil and grill on one side for about 4-5 minutes at medium-high heat.)
- Chop the mango and avocado into small bite-sized pieces. Add to the salsa along with the finely chopped red onion, red pepper, and jalapeno. Season the salsa to taste with pepper, salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Toss together.
- ASSEMBLY: Serve grilled chicken over a bed of cilantro lime rice or quinoa (if desired -- see recipe notes) and add spoonfuls of the salsa to top. Enjoy immediately!