CHINESE BBQ PORK RECIPE
Our delicious Chinese BBQ Pork will be eaten up like, or added to such a big amount of delicious Asian recipes.
The Chinese BBQ Pork will be served as a delicious starter, or atiny low diced and added to several dishes as well as Foo Young eggs, Chinese fried rice Pork, Lo Mein pork, and more.
|CHINESE BBQ PORK RECIPE|
This Chinese BBQ Pork could not be easier to create. we tend to started with atiny low pork butt (also referred to as a pig shoulder), cut from excess fat, then honed at our individual yes-so sauce for a number of days.
After a personality's being, we tend to bake pork within the kitchen appliance. whereas the pork was au gratin, we tend to poured the seasoning into a sauce pan and au gratin into a delicious, sweet BBQ sauce, that we tend to were touch the pork whereas baked.
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons 5-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons red food color
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sherry or Sake
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 pound boneless pork butt, also called pork shoulder
- 1/3 cup more honey
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- In a medium sauce pan, mix the honey, brown sugar, Hoisin sauce, 5-spice powder, red food coloring, vegetable oil, sherry, tomato paste and soy sauce and heat to a simmer and cook three minutes then remove and cool completely.
- While the marinade is cooling, remove any visible fat or gristle from the pork. There are two methods to cutting it up. Either cut along the natural lines and remove fat between each piece or simply cut in half the long way then each half in half again the long way so you have four log shaped pieces. I chose the first method so I could use the small pieces for some other Chinese dishes and the large pieces for this dish, but totally up to you.
- Place the meat in a gallon zip lock bag with the cooled marinade and marinate at least one day and up to four days ahead. This isn’t like a brine where the length of time in the mixture usually would not surpass 12-24 hours, this is a marinade and the meat can stay refrigerated in the marinade for up to four days.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and cover with a rack.
- Pull the meat out of the marinade and place on the rack and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, pour the marinade in a medium sauce pan and remove about a half cup to a small bowl. Add the remaining honey to the pan and heat until bubbling and cook for three minutes.
- Add the corn starch to the small bowl and stir to dissolve then add to the sauce pan and whisk to thicken. Cook for one more minute then remove to cool.
- After the pork has roasted for 30 minutes, brush liberally with the sauce and roast for 30 more minutes.
- Brush again and roast for 20 more minutes.
- Brush again and roast for an additional 10-20 minutes or until an internal probe thermometer inserted into the end of the fattest piece registers 145 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and brush one more time.
- Let rest for at least ten minutes then slice and serve with the remaining sauce.
- Cut up any small pieces for other Chinese dishes such as fried rice or Egg Foo Young.