Skillet Chicken Thighs with Spring Vegetables
This elegant single-skillet meal for 2 is deceivingly simple to create. prepared in below associate hour, this pan chicken dinner includes your macromolecule (perfectly golden-crisp chicken thighs), inexperienced veggies (peas and asparagus), a starch (baby Yukon gold potatoes), and an entire ton of spirited flavor (hello, shallot vinaigrette). an excellent formula for anyone change of state for one or 2, this simple dark chicken dinner is one you’re certain to return to once more and once more.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus, cut in 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen green peas Chopped fresh tarrago
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place thighs, skin side down, in hot oil, and cook until skin is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Flip thighs, and cook until other side is brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add potatoes to skillet, and toss to coat in oil. Return chicken to skillet. Place skillet in preheated oven, and roast until potatoes are almost done, 12 to 15 minutes. Add asparagus and peas to skillet, tossing to coat. Continue roasting until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of thighs registers 165°F and the vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Prepare the Shallot Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, red wine vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over chicken thighs and vegetables, and sprinkle with tarragon. Serve immediately.