Elegant Healthy Smoked Salmon Appetizer
Along with my on the Q.T. Healthy Deviled Eggs, i used to be searching for a vacation appetiser that doesn’t leave everybody feeling therefore stuffed that they can’t eat dinner. This one is ideal.
Serve it as a pre-dinner snack, or bring it on to a celebration to impress your friends. It’s a cinch to tug along and appears stunning each time!
Just like the rest you create, your final product is simply pretty much as good as your ingredients. salmon will be expensive, therefore watch for specials within the weeks leading up to the vacations and extra service. simply be conscious of expiration dates. the great news is that a bit goes an extended manner, therefore even a four-ounce package will build an excellent vacation appetiser like this one.
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 5-ounce container of unsweetened Greek or Icelandic yogurt (I use Siggi's)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- fresh dill
- Slice the cucumber into ¼-inch slices.
- Top each cucumber with a 2-inch piece of smoked salmon
- Optional: Place the yogurt in a coffee filter over a small jar for one hour to allow the liquid to drain.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon zest into the yogurt, creme fraiche, or vegan cream cheese.
- Top each appetizer with a small dollop of the yogurt, a big piece of fresh dill, and one caper. Use a piping bag for the yogurt or cream for an extra pretty appetizer.
- Best assembled within a few hours of serving. Store in the refrigerator until 10 minutes before serving.