Creamy Potato Soup
This simple potato soup is radical creamy and comforting! With solely many ingredients this soup comes along quickly on the stovetop. Load it up with all of your favorite toppings for the final word in comfort food!
The phrase loaded potato soup refers to the soup being ‘loaded’ up with all the toppings you'd notice on a Irish potato.I am therefore glad that you just asked!! This specific version that you’re observing now could be loaded with all the products. Cream. Bacon. Nutrition info is enclosed within the formula card below if you’re curious. however if you’re trying to perhaps lighten things up a small amount and still get pleasure from a potato soup I actually have a on the Q.T. Healthy Potato Soup formula you'll have an interest in! For example: bacon, cheese, soured cream and onion.
- 6 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth (unsalted)
- 1 cup milk (of choice)
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- 3 pounds of potatoes peeled and diced to 1 inch size cubes (use waxy potato like Gold Potatoes)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- diced green onion
- diced bacon
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Add the bacon to a large dutch oven or pot and cook over medium high heat until the bacon is crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside, leave the grease in the pot.
- Add the diced onion and cook until softened and translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour until a paste forms and allow this to cook for about 2-3 minutes until a light golden color. This cooks the flour.
- Pour in the chicken stock, milk and cream. Add in the diced potatoes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the pot to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened and easily mashed.
- Turn heat off and using an immersion blender, blend the soup until most of the potatoes are blended and the soup is creamy. IF you don’t have an immersion blender then carefully pour portions of the soup into a blender or food processor (affiliate link) and blend until smooth. Return soup to the pot after blending.
- With the heat still off, stir in the sour cream and shredded cheese. Return the bacon to the soup. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm with any additional toppings of your choice.cream