Chicken Hummus Naan Wraps
An easy chicken wrap formula you'll throw along in mere quarter-hour for a fast & healthy dinner or lunch. that includes easy ingredients like sliced chicken, hummus, shredded contemporary veggies, a home-brewed vino French dressing, and fragmented cheese all cumulous onto a chunk of sentimental & chewy naan bread (Indian flatbread). Fix this on a busy dark or school assignment it for the week ahead for grab & go meals.
To combat this, i have been implementing weekly meal coming up with into my schedule for the past year roughly. It's virtually a thoughtless habit at this time (yay) however I understand that my success hinges on building a reserve of fast dinner recipes that I will rotate bent keep things fascinating.Honestly, my 2 biggest problems with intake home toasted real food on a dailyday} basis square measure tedium (not enough variety) and small need to school assignment & cook a replacement meal every single night.
For The Wraps:
- 4 pieces of naan bread (for a gluten-free version use this recipe with GF AP flour or this recipe with cassava flour)
- 1 cup of roasted red pepper hummus
- 4 cups of organic spring mix
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken (like leftover slow cooker lemon pepper chicken OR rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups of the veggie mixture with dressing (see below for recipe)
- 4 tablespoons of full-fat feta cheese or goat cheese
For garnish (added to each wrap):
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of extra vinaigrette or juice from the veggies
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil
For The Veggie Mixture:
- 1/2 cup of peeled, sliced & quartered cucumber
- 1 cup of quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of peeled & diced red onion*
- 1/4-1/3 cup of homemade red wine vinaigrette
- Turn on your oven's LOW broil setting and pop the naan bread pieces onto the middle rack. Warm & slightly toast each side for about 3-5 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't get too dark (I always set a timer). Alternately, you can warm the naan bread in a skillet on the stove or in a toaster oven if you don't want to turn on your oven.
- Meanwhile, prep the cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion and add the chopped veggies to a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the red wine vinaigrette in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to emulsify the dressing. Pour the dressing over the veggie mixture and toss the vegetables until they're well coated.
- Lay the naan bread pieces on a cutting board or baking sheet with the inside facing up (the side that's less charred).
- Prepare each naan wrap as follows: Spread 1/4 cup of hummus across the whole surface, place 1 cup of spring mix on half the naan, then the cooked shredded chicken on the other half. Scoop 1/2 cup of the veggie mixture on top of the salad mix (this helps to absorb a bit of the dressing), then crumble 1 tablespoon of feta cheese over the veggies.
- Garnish each chicken wrap by pouring an extra tablespoon of red wine vinaigrette or juice from the bottom of the veggie bowl over the whole wrap, followed by sea salt & cracked black pepper (to taste) and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately while still flat (letting each person fold it themselves) OR for a nice presentation, tie a small length of hemp cord around each wrap beforehand.