ONE SKILLET CHICKEN WITH LEMON GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
Say hello to your new preferred one skillet bird dinner that’s topped with a lemon garlic butter cream sauce! I used skinny fowl breasts, but this recipe might be scrumptious with boneless fowl thighs too!
This one skillet fowl recipe is my go to bird dinner of the week decade. this recipe calls for simply one pan. this means that, we make the fowl and the sauce – that’s proper – in only uno skillet-o. We’re speaking smooth fowl, covered in a lemon garlic butter sauce that’s creamier that some thing you’ve had before. someone, please, throw a few capers up inside the sauce!
We’re the usage of lots of the equal elements like butter, lemon juice, garlic, crimson pepper flakes, and parsley. What takes this hen dinner to the next degree is fowl broth and a huge splash of heavy cream. The sauce has a pleasant creamy consistency that would taste top notch tossed in some angel hair pasta.
Get the ones hen breasts cooking on both aspects. You don’t must worry approximately cooking the hen all of the way through. We’re simply trying to get a few color on the hen and for all those brilliant taste bits to shape within the backside of the pan. The ‘taste bits’ are going to be deglazed with fowl broth and lemon juice to make the lemon garlic cream sauce for this skillet fowl.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely diced shallots (or red onions)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil
- Using a mallet, pound down the chicken breasts/thighs into ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup or a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Don’t worry if the chicken isn’t cooked completely, we’ll finish it in the oven. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the flame to medium, add the shallots to the skillet along with the chicken broth mixture. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Kick the heat back up to medium high and let sauce come to a simmer. Continue to cook the sauce for 10-15 minutes OR UNTIL ABOUT ⅓ CUP OF THE SAUCE REMAINS.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove from the flame, add the butter and whisk until it melts completely. With the skillet off the flame, add the heavy cream, whisk to combine. Place the skillet back over the flame for just 30 seconds, DO NOT allow the sauce to boil. Remove from heat, add the chicken back into the pan and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Place the skillet in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Top with chopped parsley or basil and serve warm with additional lemon slices.