Key Lime Bars Recipe
Key lime bars are a buttery, flakey crust topped with a deliciously sweet, citrusy key lime filling and powdered sugar. the crust to filling ratio is perfect, they’re smooth to make, and that they’re a huge crowd pleaser! you just can’t beat that.
Now that i were given thru a number of that crucial business, allow’s communicate key lime bars. it’s no secret that i really like, love, love key lime whatever. it doesn’t depend if it’s key lime pie with meringue whipped cream, coconut key lime pie smoothies, or my clean key lime greek yogurt dip, it doesn’t get much better than key lime taste for me.
So it became time to introduce her! the funny aspect is, the important thing lime flavor wasn’t very mentioned. in reality, if i hadn’t have advised anyone that they have been key lime bars, they wouldn’t have known. subsequent time, i may additionally reduce at the sugar within the key lime filling through 1/four cup and spot if the key lime flavor comes through greater. these bars were best, however, so i’d completely be messing with perfection. i simply would possibly have to depart them exactly as they are.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" baking pan generously with cooking spray.
- Prepare the crust:
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and ½ cup powdered sugar till light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add flour and salt, and beat on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute more. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake on the middle rack of the oven 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the filling:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and 2 cups of sugar. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Whisk in the lime juice and zest. Pour over the cooled crust, and bake 25 minutes longer, or until the filling has set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with sifted powdered sugar once cooled, and cut into squares. Enjoy!