CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
Chocolate fudge cake is a simple, one-bowl chocolate cake recipe that makes a fantastic wet and chocolaty fudge cake.
There’s just something that’s so gratifying approximately a slice of rich, moist chocolate cake. This chocolate fudge cake is a easy cake. It’s made in a single bowl, and it’s clean to combine up by hand.
But don’t permit its simplicity fool you! this is a extraordinary moist, first rate chocolaty cake!
It makes an ideal chocolate birthday cake, but it’s smooth enough to whip up on a weeknight. So, it’s ideal for whenever the cravings for chocolate cake strike.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans.** Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and sugars together until combined. It will look like wet sand.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and stir until just combined. Batter will be thick.
- Stir in the warm water just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out with a few fudgy crumbs attached.
- Place the pans on a wire cooling rack and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of each cake to loosen it from the pan, and then invert the cakes onto the rack. I like to lightly spray the cooling rack with nonstick spray to keep the cake from sticking.
- Let cool completely before frosting.