BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH SUNBUTTER SAUCE
Ditch the mayo and embody this healthful broccoli and cauliflower salad! It’s a taste bomb full of crunchy greens and a creamy sunbutter sauce. best for lunch prep, picnic prep, or a easy aspect dish.
This broccoli and cauliflower salad is perfection. It’s hearty enough to stand on its personal, but plays nicely with others in a potluck situation. It’s make-beforehand pleasant and perfect for meal prep. Toss in a bit bird or 1st baron beaverbrook, and you’ve were given a whole meal. It’s crunchy, nutty, just candy enough, and seriously loaded with vitamins.
Say goodbye to standard cruciferous salads weighed down with mayo and cheese. You won’t leave out both in this incredible easy, but definitely taste-packed salad!
This broccoli and cauliflower salad is made with a mixture of raw chopped vegetables, candy and tart dried culmination, and crunchy sunflower seeds, then smothered with a creamy, tangy sunbutter sauce that’s finger-licking accurate. The sunbutter sauce is the ideal opportunity to mayo – it’s wonderful creamy, with the identical tangy end. It’s squeaky clean without sacrificing a bit of flavor, and because the entirety is uncooked, it’s a snap to drag together!
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head broccoli chopped into dime-sized florets
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into dime-sized florets
- 1 c carrot julienned or grated
- 1 c radishes julienned or grated
- 1/2 c roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c scallions chopped (about 4 scallions)
- 1/4 c dried cherries chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/3 c sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp water more to preference
- Chop a head of broccoli into florets, then chop the florets into small pieces (no larger than the size of a dime). To do so, slice each floret lengthwise into several pieces, then chop those pieces widthwise into tiny florets. (See section "How to Prep Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad")
- Chop a head of cauliflower into florets, then chop the florets into dime-sized pieces. To do so, cut each cauliflower floret lengthwise into several slices. Slice those pieces a second time lengthwise to create long shreds, then chop those long shreds up into tiny pieces.
- Prepare the carrots and radishes using a vegetable mandoline or box grater, then chop the scallions and cherries.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets to a large bowl, along with the grated carrots and radishes, sunflower seeds, chopped scallions, and dried fruit. Toss to combine.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the sunflower seed butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Pulse several times to incorporate the ingredients. The sauce will still be very thick. Flip the motor to continuous and pour water, 1 tablespoon at a time, through the feed tube until the sauce thins and is completely smooth and emulsified. Taste for seasoning, and adjust salt, pepper, or acid as needed (see section "How to Make Sunbutter Sauce").
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or transfer to the fridge to chill. Store this salad in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for at least 3 days. Serve warm or a room temperature.