Soft Cinnamon Roll Cookies
A soft sugar cookie paying homage to a cinnamon roll! Glazed with cream cheese glaze with swirls of cinnamon sugar.
If a fluffy, chewy sugar cookie and cinnamon roll ought to have a toddler together those cookies would be it! , Like, four actual! The taste is a chunk like a fluffy, chewy sugar cookie however with gooey swirls of cinnamon sugar and cream cheese glaze like a cinnamon roll. It’s this sort of best pairing and they cross so properly with coffee omg!
I’ve were given such a lot of cookies I want to attempt earlier than the year is out but those cinnamon roll cookies were first on the list of waistline crashers. I now sit right here at the sofa typing to the friends in my head (you) at the same time as I devour those cookies with my morning espresso.
Brief question now that I’m considering it, Am I the most effective person who occasionally talks to their food earlier than they take a chunk? Like “hello my little pretty” or some thing like that?
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Sugar Cinnamon Mixture
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk (may need more or less to achieve desired texture)
- vanilla extract, splash
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To make the cookies, cream collectively sugar, butter, and shortening.
- Mix in egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry substances into moist elements and stir till a tender dough forms.
- Region dough in a plastic bag and flatten.
- Refrigerate for 1-hour or longer. (This step is a must. in a single day is first-class.)
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon aggregate by way of combining brown sugar and cinnamon. Set apart.
- While the dough is chilled be geared up to paintings speedy. (The dough gets sticky because it warms up. It need to remain exceptional bloodless even as coping with)
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of flour + 1 tablespoon of powder sugar and generously flour a nonstick paintings surface (like a silicone baking mat or parchment paper) with a number of the combination. make certain to additionally coat your fingers and rolling pin.
- Roll bloodless dough out into a 12X nine rectangle approximately ¼-inch thick. (make certain to preserve your palms and the rolling pin lined well in the flour-sugar mixture.)
- Brush the floor of dough with melted butter.
- Straight away sprinkle on brown sugar combination in an excellent layer. Press it down into the dough just a piece.
- Starting with the longest facet, lightly, however quickly roll dough into a tight log. (keep your hands floured and add more flour mixture to the nonstick surface if wished)
- Roll log in plastic wrap and area on a pan/tray.
- Freeze for half-hour or till the roll is company sufficient to reduce with out squishing whilst you narrow it.
- Carefully slice the cookies approximately 1-inch thick using a serrated knife. ( I reduce off the ends first seeing that they are in no way pretty)
- Location cookies on parchment paper 2-inches apart.
- Very essential: Press the cookie rolls gently so that they may be tighter. Seal the ends of the cookies through urgent them into the dough. (this may keep the cookies from unraveling while baking. make certain the cookie roll is wrapped pleasant and tight.)
- Bake for 10-12 mins (cookies ought to be cold whilst going into the oven.) Refrigerate the leftover dough till prepared for the next batch so that they stay cold. (test at the cookies on the 6-minute mark to make sure they are now not unraveling. If they are, pull them out and fast press the seam returned together with a back of a spoon)
- In the meantime, prepare the glaze with the aid of combining cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- When cookies are prepared (they will be slightly underdone), let them sit on the baking sheet for two minutes earlier than moving to a cooling rack.
- Carefully brush hot cookies with glaze, allowing the glaze to soften down into the folds of the cookie.
- Permit glaze set after which shop cookies in an airtight container between rows of parchment paper.