Sasusage Pepper And Rice Skillet
Smoky kielbasa sizzled with candy bell pepper, onions and garlic in colourful tomato sauce. This brief and clean sausage, pepper and rice skillet is downright delicious!
Nowadays I’m sharing any other short and clean meal with you guys. this is one we’ve made twice now and i just love how simple, but flavorful it's miles. seize your skillet and let’s get cooking!
First, you’ll want prepare dinner your rice. I grabbed a small saucepan and had it simmering away whilst I made the whole thing else. Timing is prime, but if you do everything it the right order, it’ll be done whilst you need it.
Next, brown the sausage. I used kielbasa, but, andouille would paintings well too. Get it first-rate and crispy, then spoon it off to a plate for later.
- 1 1/4 c. white rice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, quartered and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a small saucepan, prepare dinner rice in line with the bundle’s directions.
- Location a massive solid iron skillet over medium-high. as soon as the skillet is hot, upload the oil. After the oil shimmers, add the sausage and cook dinner until browned on both sides, approximately 5 mins. dispose of from the pan and set apart.
- Upload the peppers and onion, saute for 4-five minutes. upload the garlic, salt, and pepper, cook till aromatic, about 1 minute. get rid of from the pan and set apart with the sausage.
- Add the tomato paste and about three/4 cup of chicken broth, whisk to mix. permit the aggregate to simmer for 1 minute, then add the paprika and cayenne.
- Stir in the cooked rice, sausage, closing hen broth, pepper and onions until combined. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve straight away.