Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake
This Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake is wet and sinfully decadent! So if you love chocolate and caramel, you’ll love this clean recipe for a way to make Chocolate Caramel Cake!
Now as you know I’m a diehard chocolate lover, so it’s no marvel my birthday cake this yr is a salted caramel chocolate cake! It’s three layers of heaven! And surprisingly easy to bake.
I bake myself a birthday cake each yr and this yr I wanted some thing sinfully decadent. at the beginning I idea it'd be death through chocolate cake, however then I started out dreaming of something sopping wet in gooey salted caramel…
Sooner or later, I determined to full on treat myself and create a cake that functions both chocolate and caramel! because why now not, right?!
For the chocolate cake:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (not packed!)
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups full-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (you may also sub in melted coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups hot water
For the salted caramel chocolate frosting:
- 2 cups unsalted butter (4 sticks, 16 ounces), VERY soft
- 4 and 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons salted caramel sauce
- 1 and 1/4 cups salted caramel sauce
- Flaky sea salt
For the chocolate cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°(F). cut out three 9-inch spherical segments of parchment paper to line your cake pans with. Spray every pan generously - aspects and bottom - with nonstick cooking spray, then place the parchment paper cut out in the backside of the pans and spray once more. it is essential to make certain each little bit of pan and paper are sprayed so your cakes do not get stuck. Set pans apart.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with the paddle attachment, or in a huge bowl the use of a handheld electric mixer, integrate both sugars, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt; blend on low until dry ingredients are very well combined. Use your arms to interrupt up any massive clumps, if wanted.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, egg yolks, sour cream, milk, oil and vanilla extract; blend until completely mixed. Pour aggregate into the dry elements and beat on low till just incorporated. Pour in warm water and continue blending until completely blended; approximately 1 minute. The batter will quite skinny.
- Divide batter frivolously amongst organized pans. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or till a timber toothpick or cake tester inserted inside the middle of a cake comes out easy or with just a few moist crumbs connected. Cool cakes for 10 minutes within the pan earlier than disposing of from pans and transferring to a cooling rack; cool desserts absolutely before frosting.
For The Chocolate Frosting:
- In a stand mixer outfitted with the paddle attachment, cream the softened butter on medium-pace until absolutely clean; approximately 3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer off and sift the powdered sugar and cocoa into the mixing bowl. turn the mixer on the lowest speed and blend until the sugar/cocoa have been absorbed by using the butter; about 2 mins. boom mixer speed to medium; upload in vanilla extract, salt, heavy cream and salted caramel; beat for three minutes. if your frosting appears a bit too thin, upload a little more confectioners' sugar; in case your frosting desires to be thinner, upload additional heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- The usage of a serrated knife, carefully trim the raised top of every cake, making each one an excellent, level surface. switch 1 layer to a massive plate or cake stand. spread a thin layer of frosting on pinnacle, then upload a half cup of caramel; top with some other cake layer, and repeat, thinly unfold it with a layer of frosting, then adding a half cup of caramel. top very last cake layer and place cake in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour. as soon as set, completing frosting the top and aspects of the cake. Sprinkle with sea salt. Slice and serve, or preserve refrigerated for as much as 5 days.